I hope the End of the Season Banquet as been penned into your calenders for October 24th at 5pm at Kristi’s!
As this date is fast approaching, it’s time to put on our thinking caps and reflect on the past season…Which of your teammates is most spirited? Who seems to always acquire a hilarious training or racing story? Who amazes us all when they speed through the finish line?…
We’re calling this the “W” award – to recognize these wacky, wild, wonderful women! During the banquet, we will be awarding these teammates who, for some reason or another, stood out. I’ve included past awards below, but feel free to add! So start your trip down memory lane and send me your nominations by October 16th!!!
· Bike Angel – woman most likely to appear out of nowhere to help during a ride
· Flat Fixin’ Diva – for the great tire changer among us or a funny tire changing story
· Perma-smile – always training and racing with a smile
· Jungle Jane – adventure racer
· Team Spirit – who embodies the Team EnVision spirit
· Miss Mapless – traveled further than necessary due to misdirection
· Courage – one who displayed courage e.g., signed up for her first race, swam in open water for the first time, etc.
· Mentor – most likely to mentor others during training or races
· Mistress of Pain – a funny injury story, or someone who has worked hard to overcome an injury
· Best Hair / Mary Kay – for one who always shows up looking spectacular at races
· Lady Grace – for the spectacular faller among us, be it on the bike or run
· Tinkle Bells – any bathroom/triathlon related story
· Race Queen – woman who competed in the most Race Series races
· Road Runner – runner whose face we never saw, just her back
· Spinner – who’s feet we never saw because they were going so quickly
· Fishes – most likely to enjoy swimming or swimmer who amazed us all
· Overall Speed Demon – the speedy triathlete, whether it be age group, athena or overal
We will also recognize those members who were (no nomination necessary):
o Super Moms